We watch our diet, but may not stop to enjoy desserts! Ice cream has calories, but chia seeds – the superfood with extremely beneficial effects – it turns into a healthy treat! Aromatic and refreshing for lovers of kumquat!
For vanilla parfait
8 eggs (only yolks)
3 vanilla Madagascar beans
400gr. heavy cream 35%
Lazaris Kumquat liqueur (for the flavour)
The parfait we made
2 tablespoons of Lazaris Kumquat spoon sweet
1. Warm milk with vanilla in a saucepan.
2. In a bowl, mix the yolks with the sugar.
3. Add the egg mixture in milk and check when the temperature goes up to 85ο C.
4. Remove from heat; pass the mixture through a colander and let it cool to room temperature.
5. Add the cold cream and the Lazaris Kumquat liqueur and pour the mixture in the ice cream maker. If we have no ice cream machine, place the mixture in the freezer and stir with a spoon every 20 minutes for at least 5 times.
6. Let the ice cream soften slightly (ice-cream should not be melted).
7. Chop up Lazaris Kumquat spoon sweet the dried kumquats into small pieces; add the ice cream and chia seeds on top. Repeat this process till you fill the glass to the brim.
8. Cover with shrink-wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
9. Garnish with Lazaris Kumquat spoon sweet slices and mint leaves!
We would like to thank pastry chef Natasa Lepesi for her recipe.