A delicious and very easy to make cake with chocolate enfolding the flavourful kumquat marmalade.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (30g.), sifted
- 2 cups plain flour (260gr.), sifted
- 150gr. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 + 1/2 cup of sugar (300g)
- 2 vanillas extracts
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking soda sifted
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 cup of milk (200gr.)
- 400gr. kum quat marmalade
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING:
- 120gr. dark chocolate 55%
- 60gr. butter, softened
- 1 teaspoonful honey
- Beat the butter and sugar for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the eggs, beating. Then the vanillas.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix briefly followed by milk.
- Finally, add the jam.
- Grease a cake tin and sprinkle it with flour, and bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 175° C.
- Cool down cake in room temperature. Prepare the glaze, melting slowly all the ingredients together in a bain-marie pan. Pour the chocolate icing over the cake with and serve.
We would like to thank pastry chef Natasa Lempesi for her recipe.