A different tiramisu with flavours of Corfu: kumquat liqueur and jam but also mandola – the caramelized almonds! A very easy recipe for this rich, velvety dessert that everyone will love it!
200 ml Lazaris Kumquat Liqueur
3 packaged ladyfingers (or Savoiardi biscuits)
1 lt water
600gr mascarpone cheese (at room temperature)
200gr strain yoghurt
150gr icing sugar
600gr vegetable whipping cream
100gr Lazaris mandolas (mix taste: mint, kumquat, rose)
200gr Lazaris Marmalade Kumquat
1. Beat the vegetable whipping cream, the mascarpone, the icing sugar and the strain yoghurt using a whisk attachment until completely combined.
2. When ready, transfer to a bowl and set aside until needed.
3. In a separate bowl, pour 200ml of kumquat liqueur and water.
4. Hold a ladyfinger and dip it into the mixture of liqueur for just a second. Lay in a pyrex baking dish. Repeat the same process until the bottom of the baking dish is covered with ladyfingers.
5. Spread half of the cream over them. Cover with another layer of ladyfingers that have been dipped into the liqueur mixture just as before. Spread the remaining cream over them.
6. Spread the kumquat marmalade over them.
7. Crush mandolas and spread them on the top. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, until the dessert sets and chills.
8. Serve after you sprinkle with icing sugar.
We would like to thank chef Stelios Ioannides for his recipe.